We had to share this beautiful table with you!
We were pleased to receive this picture with an email from our happy customers who ordered a customised top Castrum Wrought Iron Table recently. They attached beautiful travertine tiles to the sheet metal table base to create a fabulous Tuscan-style design!
We were also curious so we looked this up – did you know that the word travertine originates from the Italian ‘travertino’?
It is a type of limestone that was originally quarried in Italy and used extensively by the Romans, making it the perfect choice for this project. Chemical deposits within the stone create bands or lines which run through in shades of beige, cream and gold. It is patterned with holes and troughs which give it a rustic texture but is also means that no two tiles are the same.
It’s a great choice for an outdoor dining table top, too, as it is highly durable and can withstand the elements. However, it is porous and it is recommended to use a sealant to protect the table top as the minerals in the stone are highly reactive with acidic solutions.
We wanted to show you this picture as we think this project could inspire others to create their own individual table-top designs. The result will be a hand-made, unique, work of art you can enjoy for years to come.
The beauty is; tiles come in all sorts of finishes, shapes, sizes, colours and materials. Plan and create an intricate mosaic using colours, motifs and symbols of your choice. Or perhaps use coloured glass or mirrored tiles in your design. The possibilities are endless.
Check our Oliver, Paris or Castrum wrought iron tables, their strength and durability is perfect to withstand the weight of the tiling. Several dimensions are available and table legs come with an inserted height-adjustment mechanism for perfect balance. We also offer a choice of colours to fit-in with your vision.
1. It Won’t Stain – Unlike other materials, it won’t stain (no more nagging the kids to use coasters)
2. It Won’t Fade – After time wood can fade and you’ll end up with a lack-lustre finish, unless of course you spend time and money maintaining it. Wrought iron table will look as new for years.
3. Easy to Clean – Simply wipe with a damp cloth and voilà!
4. Strength – Strong, sturdy and durable, your wrought iron table and chairs will last a lifetime.
5. More Design Choice – You’ll find there’s much more to choose from, after all, unlike wood, it can be moulded and formed into any shape, allowing for more elaborate, unique designs.
6. Colour and Finish Choice – You can also choose your colour; for example, we offer wrought iron table and chairs in a range of colours such as grey, black, pure white or cream with patina finishes in gold and green.
7. Detachable Cushions – This is a big plus; no expensive upholstery repairs or stain removal, you can also change colour and style easily, as you please.
8. Fits in with existing Furniture – Wrought iron is fairly neutral and will fit in well with your existing furniture and décor. No need to worry about getting the right match of wood.
9. Easy to Update your Interiors – As wrought iron is so versatile and can lend itself well to any style (provided you go for a simple design), you can update your dining room easily, as often as you wish.
10. Multi-Purpose – If you did want something totally new in 5 or 10 years, you can simply relegate your wrought iron table to the patio and use it as garden furniture.